Red Light Therapy and Infrared Light Therapy
RedLight Therapy, Infrared Light Therapy, Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy and Solfeggio frequencies are utilized simultaneously to create a multilayered experience of healing frequencies throughout the body from the mitochondria of cells through the rhythms of our bodily fluids and up to the surface of the skin. This deeply restorative experience of healing frequencies invites focused embodiment and allows each person an enhanced and meditative journey into their own body's deepest healing. This intensive therapeutic session integrates cellular and emotional healing with the intention of multi-layer restoration within your connection to yourself, your body’s healing powers and to the universal and earth energies which constantly surround and fuel each of us. This experience is an effective and gentle way of amplifying our whole health and body repair through accessing and supporting our own "healer within” especially when recovering from trauma, injuries, pain and physical limitations.
What is red Light Therapy
Red light therapy (RLT) is a light therapy treatment that is reputed to help skin, muscle tissue, joints and other parts of your body heal. It uses light to expose the body to low levels of red and near-infrared light. Infrared light is a type of energy your eyes can’t see, but your body can feel as gentle heat. Red light is similar to infrared, but you can see it. Red light therapy is also called low-level laser therapy (LLLT), low-power laser therapy (LPLT), and photobiomodulation (PBM). Red light therapy (RLT) is a treatment that uses low wavelength red light to work by acting on the mitochondria of cells. With more energy in the mitochondria, other cells can do their work more efficiently, such as repairing skin, boosting new cell growth and enhancing tissue rejuvenation. More specifically, certain cells absorb light wavelengths and are stimulated to work more effectively. The Cleveland Clinic says that red light therapy appears to be safe and is not associated with any side effects. Red Light therapy is not toxic, not invasive and not as harsh as some other topical skin treatments. It is used around the world by Doctors & Practitioners to increase cellular energy, reduce inflammation, increase collagen production, and increase blood flow; as well as to address Anxiety, Depression and SAD, Leaky Gut, IBS, and gut health, Joint stiffness, pain, arthritis, and Rheumatoid arthritis,Parkinson’s and some neurological disorders, as well as Insomnia (resetting circadian rhythms), eyesight, Wound recovery and post surgery recovery, Migraines and headaches, Anti-aging of dermis at superficial level (wrinkles age spots), Increased energy and motivation! Elevated moods and increase in positive feelings and thought!
Each ProPanel Device is FDA Cleared for
Anti-Bacterial/Acne (grades 1-3)
Anti-Aging (full face wrinkle reduction)
Pain (arthritic pain, muscle and joint stiffness, local blood circulation)
Wavelengths in each LightStim ProPanel
Anti-Bacterial/Acne- Red 630nm/Blue 415nm
Anti-Aging- Red 630nm/Red 660nm/Near Infrared 855nm/Amber 605nm
Pain- Red 630nm/Red 660nm/Near Infrared 855nm/Deep Infrared 940nm
Benefits & Results of Red Light Therapy
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles: In this study, the 630 nm red light wavelength was combined with other beauty treatments (e.g., microneedling) to create a statistically significant improvement in photodamage, fine lines, and sagging. This finding has been supported by numerous other clinical trials, such as a 2014 study by researchers from Germany.
- Improvement in chronic skin disorders like psoriasis: One study showed that the use of the 630 nm red light wavelength in conjunction with hematoporphyrin derivative (HPD) helped to eliminate the symptoms associated with psoriasis within 17 days.
- Hair regrowth: According to a 2013 study, red light therapy containing the 630 nm wavelength is a safe and effective method of stimulating hair growth in both men and women.
- Treatment of acne: A 2017 review published in Dermatology Times states that red light therapy could be a viable treatment for acne. Many popular LED light treatments for acne combine blue and red light.
- Reduced training fatigue: A 2011 study revealed that red light at 660 nm combined with 830 nm NIR light can delay the development of fatigue in the muscles, and enhance skeletal muscle performance. (Athletes, take note.) This is one of many studies that suggest using more than one wavelength together could have profound benefits.
- Reduced inflammation: In a study investigating the effects of red light therapy on pleurisy in rats, the 660 nm wavelength was found to induce an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Improved bone healing: A 2015 study found that red light at 660 nm was even more effective than the 830 nm wavelength in increasing ATP production in vitro and an initial acceleration of callus formation in the bone fracture healing process.
- Reduced neuropathic pain: A 2014 study investigating sciatic nerve pain in rats found that the red 660 nm wavelength significantly helped to reduce pain.
- Accelerated wound healing: In 2013, researchers conducting this study found that the red 660 nm wavelength increased the formation of new blood vessels and enhanced collagen deposition to help in the healing of wounds.
- Improved recovery from stroke in certain patients: One study conducted with stroke patients showed that 810 nm NIR light wavelengths provided neuroprotective benefits and improved recovery among sufferers of moderate to severe strokes. Five days after the stroke, there was significant improvement among those who had been treated with 810 nm light therapy, compared to those who hadn’t. Ninety days post-stroke, 70 percent of the treated patients had a successful outcome, compared with only 51 percent of the control group.
- Improved recovery from traumatic brain injury: As confirmed by this pilot study in 2007, 810 nm NIR light therapy has been shown in animal models to be particularly effective in promoting recovery from traumatic brain injuries and reducing long-term neurological damage.
- Interest in the ability of near-infrared light to support improvement in psychiatric disorders goes as far back as this 2009 pilot study co-authored by world-renowned red light therapy expert Michael Hamblin. Prescription drugs have long been recognized as having a limited ability to assist individuals suffering from psychiatric conditions, and often come with a host of unwanted side effects. In this study, 810 nm NIR light applied to the forehead was shown to help patients suffering from major depression and anxiety, with no adverse side effects.
- A 2018 review of several studies confirmed the neuroprotective effect of near-infrared light on the brain.
- Improved healing and recovery: A 2017 study of soccer players showed that the 810 nm wavelength applied before activity enhanced muscular performance and post-exercise recovery.
- Accelerated wound healing: This 2014 study found that 810 nm wavelengths helped expedite wound healing in diabetic rats, which enabled the tissue to granulate more rapidly. A study from 2013 suggests that the 830 nm wavelength accelerates healing in wounds and helps to ward off infection. In this small study, which involved five patients with various types of wounds, all five of them experienced wound healing, controlled infection, and lessened discomfort during treatment periods ranging from one to eight weeks (depending on the severity of the wound).
- Improved outcomes following plastic surgery: During a 2015 study, South Korean researchers found that swift exposure to 830 nm wavelengths after aesthetic surgery hastens recovery, reduces downtime, and enhances the results of surgery by reducing swelling, infection, bruising, and pain.
- Improved bone repair and growth: A 2008 study by researchers from Brazil demonstrated that 830 nm light therapy improved bone repair by stimulating new bone growth.
- Faster return-to-play after injury: The ability to return to play as swiftly as possible after injury or trauma is a key concern for any amateur or professional athlete. This 2016 study confirmed that 830 nm NIR light therapy significantly and safely reduced the wait time before injured athletes could return to play. Over a 15-month period, 395 injuries were treated with 830 nm light therapy, including sprains, strains, ligament damage, tendonitis, and contusions. The study authors found that the treatment successfully brought about accelerated healing in all wounds at different stages, and successfully controlled secondary infection.
- Enhanced muscle recovery after a hard workout: A 2016 study co-authored by Hamblin observed the use of 850 nm wavelengths on athletes and found that the use of NIR light increased muscle mass after training and decreased inflammation and oxidative stress in muscle biopsies.
- Orthodontics and tooth alignment: A clinical trial published in 2016 confirms that using the 850 nm wavelength supported faster realignment of teeth for patients undergoing orthodontics.